Sunday, March 11, 2012

I have zeal.

Today in church I learned that sometimes anger is a good thing. We listened as Pastor told us how Jesus drove the merchants from the temple on two occasions and he did so not just with anger but with zeal. He certainly had more to his sermon but the point that I got from it was that anger put to good use and done so with passion can be good and that is what I intend with this blog.

I get angry every time I see a story on the news about another child coming forward with allegations of abuse. Why is our justice system not doing more to protect children? If the children are our future then what kind of future are we to have if so many children are suffering the affects of abuse; be it physical, mental, or sexual? Who will take a stand and help to put an end to this vicious cycle?

My passion or zeal is rooted in the trauma I suffered growing up. It started when I was only about five years old. I would like to tell you my story and share with you what it is like to be a SURVIVOR of child sexual abuse.

I know that for some the subject of sexual abuse is a difficult one to talk about and even to just hear about but how many children will suffer in silence if we don't speak up? I hope that you will continue to follow my blog and share it with others.
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment