Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Letting go of fear"

"Come clean with your biggest fears. Bringing them into the open and facing them head on is the only way that we can desensitize the power that they hold over us.

Commit yourself to finding the root of your anxiety. If you can’t do it yourself, get professional help through counseling or therapy. You’ll be glad you did."

This is from Dr. Meg Meeker's website - from her "10 Habits of Happy Mothers" book challenge and she is discussing mothers parenting out of fear. But this statement is relevant and practical for everyone!

One of my biggest fears is getting Alzheimer's disease like my Grandma. My dad's mom died in 2001 from complications due to the disease. I have read that it can be hereditary and often times patients remember or relive earlier years.

Writing this blog comes with a little fear. I realize that not everyone will be supportive but rejection and criticism can be difficult for anyone to accept. It's also not easy to be so open and vulnerable. I just watch the news and my commitment to reach out and help others and bring awareness to sexual abuse so that we can all work together to get tougher laws in place and more support for ALL victims and survivors - that is stronger than the fear of your possible negative reaction.

We are supposed to give our fears and worries over to God - sometimes that is easier said than done. Sometimes you do but they creep back into your mind. I'm still working on that.

http://www.megmeekermd.com/2012/03/challenge-week-9/

No comments:

Post a Comment